expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Math Mentor Text (Counting on Frank)

Happy Mother's Day everyone!  I had such a great day with my family and I hope you were able to enjoy a wonderful day too:)  I am linking up with my girls Amanda and Stacia at Collaboration Cuties for their Mentor Text Linky!  This week's topic is math.

I chose Counting on Frank to link up because volume is a skill that I like to touch on at the end of the year.  This book is just hilarious!  Frank loves to calculate things and tries to figure out silly facts like how many whales it would take to fill up his house.  With its quirky humor, this book will have your students laughing for sure and when they get confused about volume, just ask them, "Remember Frank?". 

In my google search for an image of the book, I came across this cute freebie volume activity for volume from Classroom Magic!  Check out her blog!

This Mother's Day we went on a train ride with Thomas the Train!  It was so fun:)
Here are a few pics!


See the rain clouds?  We took off our jackets to pose for this picture, but it was 40 degrees there today! At one time we were getting pelted by HAIL! Brrrr...

Stop by my NEW FACEBOOK page if you get a chance:)

4 comments:

  1. I have a student in my class named Frank, so I think this book would be a big hit. Thanks for sharing!

    We had the same kind of weather here today. Brr...

    Thanks for hosting the big giveaway!!
    Jane
    Learning in the Little Apple

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the volume activity…it is such a hard concept to teach!
    -Julie
    The Techie Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this book but I don't think I realized that was what it was about! Yay! I'm glad that you linked it up! And thank you for the freebie link! How cute are the Thomas photos! Adorable! How fun!!!

    Have a great week!
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love using mentor texts when I can! Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete