expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas Questionnaire!

Merry Christmas everyone!  I finally have time to breathe after all the holiday preparations and  now have a little down time before we set out to my grandma's house.  The kids are happily playing with some new treasures that were under the tree this morning.  They are at such fun ages for Christmas (six and three!). Since I have been missing my little blogging world lately and can't think of anything education related to post with the brain on vacation mode, I was excited when I saw this super fun Christmas questionnaire by Michelle at Fabulous in First!
Hot Chocolate or Eggnog?
Both!  I really do love both and at Christmas time, we almost always have egg nog in the fridge.  My kids love both too!

Does Santa wrap presents of just sit them underneath the tree?
Santa wraps presents!  He always did when I was a child and I actually had never heard of Santa not wrapping the presents until a coworker told me a few weeks ago that he doesn't wrap presents at her house!  It was tempting, but I just couldn't do it.  Santa does use a "different" wrapping paper.

Colored lights or white?
I always use white lights like my mom did growing up.  We would beg her to have colored lights and, go figure, now I love white lights.  My kids haven't begged me yet to change. :)

When do you decorate?
We try to have the tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving every year.

Real or Fake Tree?
We have a fake tree.  The smell of a real tree would be wonderful but it seems like a lot of work getting a real tree and the pine needles to clean up.  Our tree was pre-lit but last year, my husband spent hours upon hours cutting off the lights after chunks of the tree kept going out.  I don't think I'll ever buy a pre-lit one again!

What tops your tree?
We have a plain star on top.  Here is a picture of our tree this year on Christmas Eve night (last night!).  It looks like there are more presents than there actually are because there are no presents under the tree. Santa left a Polar Express train going around under the tree!

Favorite Christmas Memories or Traditions?
Baking Christmas cookies with my mom was my favorite tradition and I am the only one out of my two sisters and mom that makes Christmas cookies now.  

Do you remember your favorite gift as a child?
I loved the Cabbage Patch doll that I got one year with "corn silk" hair.

Do you prefer giving or receiving?
Giving!  I am a giver and would buy presents for everyone if I could.  In college when I didn't have two pennies to rub together, I still bought presents by charging them.  I just can't help myself!

What is your favorite Christmas song?
O Holy Night (hands down!).  Gives me goosebumps every time!

Candy Canes. Yuck or Yum?
They are okay but I will always choose chocolate over candy canes!

Favorite Christmas Movie?
I love watching all the Hallmark Christmas movies every year.

Do you shop online or at stores?
I shop mostly online now because I live in a rural area and it is not that easy finding the time to shop when the "good" shopping malls and stores are an hour drive away.

Photo cards, letter, or store bought card?
Ever since we had kids, we send photo cards.  We have family scattered everywhere across the United States and they enjoy seeing the kids grow. 

Here are my two favorite little elves on Christmas morning.  They were SO excited!


Merry Christmas friends!!  Have a relaxing, safe Christmas night!

6 comments:

  1. Your kiddos are too cute!! Merry Christmas to all of you!

    Sarah Beth
    Miss White's Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree is precious and so are your babies! Merry Christmas, my dear sweet friend! XOXOX
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same problems with my pre-lit tree. I love it, but only the middle lights work. I have to string the top and the bottom myself. Pain in the butt. I never thought of cutting them off the tree. Maybe I should....but you said it took hours, so maybe not.
    Merry Christmas!

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, chocolate is better than candy canes!

    Loved reading this!
    Elizabeth
    Hodges Herald

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas to you! Loved finally reading that someone else likes eggnog too! There's lots of eggnog haters out there! LOL!
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I got the same Cabbage Patch doll as a kid! My mom waited in line at Sears for a really long time to snag one up before they disappeared. (Where was Amazon back then when we could have really used it?)

    I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas, Holly! Happy New Year!!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete