expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Tried It Tuesday {Writing in a Transparent Box}

Hi everyone! It's Time for Tried It Tuesday!
What have you tried at school or home?
If you've never linked up with Tried It Tuesday, just link up any idea school or home related and what worked or didn't work. Simple! 

My Tried It:
Writing in a Transparent Box
Last week, I blogged about how I am loving how products are using photographs more now in their cover pages and products. I wrote a tutorial about that here.
Here is a picture of one the cover pages I updated on my Fall Nonfiction Themed Text Practice.
A reader asked how I made those boxes transparent so I thought that would be a good topic to cover this week. You see these boxes all over product pages and Pinterest. I love how my friend Joanne at Head Over Heels for Teaching uses them all the time like these two examples.


Here are step by step pictures for you to try this technique! I used Power Point on my Mac.








I hope these steps help if you want to try this technique! I'll be back next week for another Tried It Tuesday. I'm always open to suggestions if there is something you would like to see for another Tried It!




9 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! So easy, just didn't know where to look. I do now!

    Jessica
    Notes From the Portable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing! I learn something new from these teacher blogs every day. I especially appreciate the pics...I'm so visual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, so who is going to teach me how to do that on a PC? Anyone? Anyone?
    Thanks Holly, great informative post!

    Elizabeth
    Hodges Herald

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually did this to my profile picture for TpT. It was quick and easy. Thank you for the tutorial, love! Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great Holly! Thanks for sharing this easy tip for improving the look of new products!

    Jane
    Guide~Teach~Inspire

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the shout out! I love wording on the transparent boxes-looks sharp!
    ~Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always wondered how to do this! Thanks for sharing! :)
    The 4th Grade Journey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing this! Where do you find your photos?

    ReplyDelete